SERVE DAY 2020
Life Fellowship’s annual summer Outreach event “Serve Day”, is happening on Saturday July 13th. We have several opportunities for you to bless and be blessed. Hundreds from Life Fellowship spread out into our communities and show the love of Christ in real and tangible ways. .
Our hope is that serving others becomes our focus throughout the year. Simple acts of selfless love can open hearts to Jesus, and together we can make a difference.
As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 4:10-11
New: Serve Day App
This year, you can participate in one of our 2 anchor projects (info below) or join one of our Serve Day Group Projects through the Serve Day App
This year, you will be able to register to serve using the new Serve Day App, available on all digital platforms.
Introducing the Serve Day App
If you have a Serve Day Group project idea, you can create a project on our SERVE App.
Anchor Project Registration:Serving has never been easier, more rewarding and fun. It doesn’t matter how long you have been attending Life Fellowship Church, there’s an opportunity for you to plug in and serve at Feeding Children Everywhere and the Colony Location.
We will be packing healthy meals for hungry children, in a fun environment. The meals packaged by our volunteers are not only transforming bodies but transforming lives. It’s not just about providing a meal, it’s about providing an opportunity and providing hope.
Join us as we work party at the Colony Campus. There, we will be painting, gardening, cleaning, mulching, and other general maintenance projects.
Registration available on Serve Day App
SERVE DAY 2019
Serve day was a huge success, with hundreds of volunteers serving and many projects completed across Collin County. Thank you to everyone who came out to love our neighborhoods together and showing people who Jesus is!
Begin by asking your life group members the following questions. Hopefully, the answers will help you develop a project that is a perfect fit for your group.
Who in your neighborhood has a need?
What business or organization within your sphere of influence could use a blessing?
What project types best suit your group’s ages and abilities? (prayer, worship, teaching, physical labor, etc.)
- Clean up a widow’s or single mom’s yard
- Give out free sunscreen and bottled water at a city park
- Plan a “Back to School Bash” for foster care children. Have free food, games, and a backpack/school supply giveaway
- Give out free donuts and coffee at bus stop or shopping center
- Host a free car wash for the faculty
- Minor car repairs for elderly, widows and/or single mom’s
- Kids host a free kids toys and games garage sale
- Kids host a free lemonade stand
- Host a worship service at a nursing home (offer worship, devotions, prayer, and fellowship)
- Throw a “Senior Prom” complete with live music, food, and decorations
- Landscape a flower garden and sitting area for resident
- Have kids make crafts (necklaces, wooden crosses) that can be given to residents
- Distribute chips and sodas to residents & employees (check with staff on food restrictions)
- Sports teams: Serve free bottled water at their practices
- Give away free mechanical pencils or energy drinks to college students
- Host a free picnic in the quad
- Give out free donuts and coffee on the quad
- Adopt a group home for the day and throw a party for the residents
- Build a wheelchair ramp for handicapped
- Organize a field day for a group youth home
- Do a community trash clean up
- Host a “Block Party” with free food, games, music, etc. for families
- Renovate a run-down playground or park in the area
- Do a door-to-door grocery giveaway
- Have a “Free Grass Cutting” day
- Give out healthy snacks to patients of chemotherapy
- Deliver small gifts to patients and families in the children’s ward (toys, care packages, etc)
- Prayer visits with patients and those in emergency room
- Take care-packages with snacks, sweets and small gift items (lotions, magazines, puzzles etc.) to families of hospitalized children.
- Trash pick-up in parking lot
- Cook Lunch for your local police or fire station
Servolution by Dino Rizzo
Conspiracy of Kindness by Steve Sjogren
The Cause Within You by Matthew Barnett
When Helping Hurts by Steve Corbett & Brian Fikkert