The Lead Graphic Designer is an innovative, forward-thinking, and accomplished layout/design artist who creatively and collaboratively translates ideas, concepts, and messages into consistently powerful and engaging visual expressions for print and digital platforms. This position serves the church by developing graphics for use in digital, print & video media and work with multiple departments to complete complex design projects within specified timelines.
• Provide Graphic Design for all elements of visual communication at Life Fellowship Church
• Contribute with new, fresh ideas to the creative process.
• Oversees designers and provide leadership to it.
• Under the supervision of the creative director, prioritize projects for effective and efficient workflow to meet delivery deadlines.
• Develops and maintains brand standards for the entire organization.
• Works with the project manager to stablish realistic timelines for project competition and ensure all jobs are being completed in a timely manner.
• Supports the project manager in working with vendors to maintain quality control of all printed publications and custom pieces.
• Work with communications strategist to create content and posts for social media platforms as needed.
• Contribute with new, fresh ideas to the creative process, in the process demonstrating the ability to “think outside of the box.”
• Lead volunteer meetings and devotionals as needed.
• Recruit and onboard new volunteers for graphics and leadership.
• Attend weekly Staff meetings, service planning meetings and any other meetings needed to fulfill your job duties.
• Create and maintain an ongoing and effective training program for current volunteers, ensuring their technical growth.
• Perform or complete any items deemed necessary to support the vision and mission of the church.
Required Skills and Job Complexity
• Creative and flexible
• Highly self-motivated
• Excellent communication skills
• Design Initiative and innovation
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Experience with project management software (Base Camp)
• Strong Graphic Designer Skill.
• Editing software proficiency (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
• Basic software knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, Pages, ProPresenter, PCO, etc.)
• Knowledgeable in online apps such as YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Positive attitude and positive approach to problem solving